Friday, February 16, 2007

Welcome!


Not another masak-masak blog? I'm sorry you all but because I have been asked frequently for some of the recipes that I've tried, so I thought I should have a totally separate food blog. Secondly, I forget easily. Hence, it's a good idea that I should compile the recipes for my easy reference in the future. And thirdly, all the recipes that I have tried are easy and most are my family's favourite.

I have published a few recipes. Feel free to either click on the link provided below or you may browse through the food-categories on the sidebar.
  1. Sushi, originally written by Babah. It's a long and 'eventful' process. It will be much easier once you have mastered the technique especially if you keep on practising doing it. I've also included a video (found in youtube) on how to make sushi.
  2. Yakitori Chicken. It's quite straight forward and seemed to be popular among the younger ones.
  3. Pretty Pink Iced Cupcakes. The most recent recipe that I've tried with D.
  4. Custard Pudding. A popular dessert served by the Malaysian housewives. One has to get the technique right with the custard to get the perfect texture.
  5. Pizza. A recipe I first made in 2000! Home-made bread dough base. I just have to learn how to make this, as our options here are only Vegetarian pizzas.
  6. Soya Bean Drink. My uttermost favourite drink of all time. Looks nice in pink too. Only if you do it yourself ;)

By no means that I am the best cook in the world. Everyone knows that I'm far from perfect but, if Mama Sarah (the lousy cook) can do it, so you can do it too!

7 comments:

alynnsis said...

waahhh im the first commentor on ur new blog :)
best2, i'd definitely come here often. leh try out ur recipes :D
"pondok-pondok" is such a cool blogname hehe.

mom2ashley said...

wow...this is great! i am really looking forward to your recipes..I am no cook but i hope to learn from you eh!:)

Mama Sarah said...

Alynn Hi!!! Didn't expect to get comments here. Since you are the first one - you're cordially invited for lunch/dinner at our place. You choose what you want to eat from my collection of recipes (sushi i tak pandai ok!)

mom2Ashley Like I said, if I can do it - you can do it too!!!

Kiah Kardashian said...

u?? lousy cook? how can one....hehhehe i lagi la lousy. nasib u bukan i punyer jiran ajer. Kut tak muka ni asyik dok tanya itu ini...heheh.Nak ajak dinner umah sure takut.

thanks for sharing.

dyanna said...

Looks great!! I hope this blog will grow and grow with loads more of recipes for my future references.

Kalau MS boleh, saya pun mesti boleh juga (after I gather more 'kerajinan' , tunggu kejap eh).

silversarina said...

Ni best ni, boleh salin resipi... eh TRY resipi you nanti...maybe with your help I'll be a silver chef....you are the iron chef MS :)

Mama Sarah said...

Zakiah kalau you nak tahu, i selalu gabrah kalau ada tetamu nak datang. mesti risau masak tak jadi etc...

dyanna yes! you can do it Di!

Loveujordon sila-sila :)