- 1 cup Pandan Tapioca pearl (sagu)
- 4 cups water
- 1 chunk of gula melaka (you can substitute with brown sugar)
- Boil water on a medium heat.
- Pour sagu in the boiling water and let it simmer for 15 - 20 minutes. You will notice that the sagu will become clear (transparent) and that shows the sagu is ready.
- Meanwhile, heat the gula melaka with 5tbs water in a different pan until all gula melaka is dissolved. The consistency is up to your likings. (More water if you like it thin). Alternatively, you may heat the gula melaka with some water in microwave.
- Once the sagu is ready, pour in small moulds or ramekins. Leave to set for a couple of hours.
- Serve the sagu with gula melaka.
Note: This recipe was observed once upon a time at Auntie Wa's house. The quantity in this recipe is purely guessed.